18in Hand Split Cedar Shakes Western Red Cedar
18″ Hand-Split Shakes Western Red Cedar
Western Red Cedar
18in Hand Split Shakes
Western Red Cedar Hand Split Shakes
18″ Hand Split Cedar Shakes Western Red Cedar | Direct Cedar Supplies Gives Our Customers the Choice of Colors & Finishes When Purchasing Pre-Finished Hand-Split Shakes.
Call For Color Matching.
These shakes have split faces and sawn backs. Cedar logs are first cut into desired lengths. Blanks or boards of proper thickness are split and then run diagonally through a bandsaw to produce two tapered shakes from each blank.
Walls & roofs with a 4:12 pitch or steeper.
- nominal thickness – 0.50″ (12.7mm)
- nominal length – 24″ (610mm)
- random width from 4″ to 14″ (100 to 355mm)
- approx. 80 shingles
- 29 rows (14/15 pack)
- min. 465 lineal inches, (11.81 m) measured edge to edge
- 25 sq.ft. (2.32m2) with a 7-1/2″ (190mm) roof exposure
- 33 sq.ft. (3.10m2) with a 10″ (254mm) wall exposure
- there are 4 bundles per one roofing square – 100 sq.ft. (9.3 m2)
Shipping details (approximate):
- bundle weight green – 70 lbs (32 kg)
- bundle weight kiln dried – 45 lbs (20.4 kg)
- bundle size – 18″ x 26″ x 9″ (45x66x23cm) WxLxH
- pallet size – 42″ x 53″ x 84″ (107x137x213cm) WxLxH
- pallet weight green – 3,500 lbs (1590 kg) (50 bundles)
- pallet cubics – 110 cu.ft. (3.1 m3)
- number of bundles per pallet – max. 60
- 20ft container capacity – 400 bundles / 8 pallets
- 40ft container capacity – 900 bundles / 18 pallets
Note: Prices are subject to change without notice. Shipping quoted separately.
Add treatment by selecting from the drop down list below (Kiln Dry, CCA or Fire Retardant)